Harrison Kindergarten Families,
We are looking forward to starting school on August 26th! As we begin the school year in the midst of a pandemic, we have the opportunity to offer your child two options for their education. First, know that we firmly believe K-4 students learn best in person with a teacher. We also know that medical circumstances and the unknown raise concerns about sending your child on campus. Therefore, all students have the option to choose onsite or offsite instruction. Students will receive classroom assignments from their teachers beginning the second week of August. For more information on off-site instruction, please click or tap here. The deadline to sign up for off-site instruction is July 31st.
As we prepare for the new school year we would like to communicate with you what school will look like and hopefully answer questions.
- At this time, we will be following Governor Hutchinson’s executive order requiring every person in Arkansas 10 years or older to wear a face covering over the mouth and nose.
- Since most students turn 10 in the 4th grade, we will require 4th grade students to wear masks.
- K-3 students are encouraged to wear masks but they are not required.
- Classrooms are being prepared and arranged with social distancing guidelines in mind.
- Breakfast in the cafeteria will be a “grab and go” breakfast that students take to their classrooms.
- Lunch will be in the cafeteria with a maximum of three students at a table and all facing one way.
- In order to keep students and staff as safe as possible please make temperature checks part of your morning routine before coming to school. If students register 100.4 degrees or higher, please do not send them to school.
- Students will sanitize hands upon entering ANY classroom or instructional space.
- During arrival and dismissal, parents must stay in vehicles.
- Students will be on the playground or activity each day for recess for a total of 40
- Students will be separated by class for recess.
- Playground equipment will be sanitized at the end of each day.
- Students will not share supplies within the classroom.
- Students will travel to activity classes for Art, Music, PE (Computer Lab will be in the classroom.)
- Classrooms will be cleaned throughout the day and fully sanitized at the end of each day.
- Campus visitors will be limited in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Parents will not be allowed to come to school to eat lunch with students.
- Water bottle filling stations will be available for student use. All students will receive one water bottle at the beginning of the year. Students will be expected to take it home for cleaning each day and return with it the following day. Water fountains will not be in use.
We are excited to have students back at school keeping with our mission of Building the
Future: Every Learner, Every Day, Every Way! If you have any questions, please contact us.
Director of Early Childhood Education, Harrison Kindergarten